Personal Training FAQs
Why should I hire a personal trainer?
- Motivation: More people decide to invest in Personal Training for motivation over every other reason. It is about staying motivated and on track to feeling and being healthier. Our Personal Trainers help you move past self-imposed limitations, stimulate a feeling of accomplishment in you, and help you achieve goals that you never thought possible.
- Results: Studies have clearly shown that people who work with a Personal Trainer will achieve up to 80% better results three times faster than on their own. Personal Training is just that - personal! Every session is unique to your body type, needs, goals, and the time frame in which you wish to achieve your results. Fitness is constantly evolving and Personal Trainers are required to stay on the cutting edge in terms of upgrading their certifications and knowledge base. This means that your Personal Trainer will be your best resource for knowing how to help you achieve your goals.
- Safety: Trying to do too much too soon can cause injuries and timely setbacks. By creating a safe and effective individualized program, your Personal Trainer will direct your progression and observe each exercise to ensure proper biomechanical principles are being followed, thus minimizing the risk of injury. Similarly, your Personal Trainer will fashion your workouts to help prevent or even alleviate health problems.
- Accountability: A Personal Trainer makes it easier for you to exercise consistently and helps you stay committed to your program. When you have a scheduled appointment and a smiling face waiting for you at the gym, you are a lot less likely to skip a workout. Also, with so much time and energy invested in helping you achieve your goals, you will be expected to put forth a good effort and perform to the best of your ability. Giving less than 100% effort is not an option for you!
- Affordability: Our various payment options make Personal Training affordable for any budget. Choose a customized payment plan to meet your financial needs. Come in today for more details.
Why do I require completion of a fitness assessment and, in some
cases, written clearance from a physician before I can begin a training program?
Your safety is paramount and will not be compromised. All new training clients must undergo a Fitness Assessment, and if your personal trainer deems it necessary, you may need to obtain written clearance from a physician.
Do I have to follow the pre-consultation instructions?
In order for your assessment results to be accurate it is essential that you pay close attention to the instructions in your consultation journal. For example, caffeine will elevate your resting heart rate and will negatively effect your cardiovascular assessment and recovery score. In addition, if you exercise or are fatigued prior to your consultation, you will certainly not fair as well in terms of your strength and endurance results.
How can I ensure the best experience for my Fitness Consultation?
The first step is to ensure that your consultation journal is completed honestly and thoroughly. This will enable your trainer to identify health risks, physical limitations as well as the key goals and areas you wish to focus on. Secondly, arrive at your appointment at least 15-20 minutes early, with your journal, so that you have time to change into your workout gear and be in the waiting area prior to the arrival of your trainer. Your trainer will need an hour to an hour and a half to go over your journal, complete the assessments, take you out onto the workout floor and then prepare your prescription. Keep an open mind and ask your trainer to explain anything that you don't understand or are unsure of. Make sure you receive the best possible recommendation to achieve your results.
What are your rates?
Our rates are based on the number of sessions purchased. As the number of sessions increases, the price per session drops. For more information on the packages and payment plans available, please call for an appointment.
How do I schedule my personal training sessions?
After deciding how many sessions per week you will be training, you will select an available timeslot that fits your schedule as well as your personal trainer's schedule, and which will usually remain constant. If you request 2-3 sessions per week, you can select additional timeslots and these timeslots will remain constant for the duration of your sessions. You can switch timeslots at any time provided your personal trainer has an available timeslot which better accommodates your schedule.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
24 hours notice is required to cancel or re-schedule a personal training session. Failure to give notice will result in a forfeited payment and session. All cancelled sessions will be re-scheduled. Personal training sessions expire in the 12 months from the date of purchase. Sessions are non-transferable and unused sessions are non- refundable. If notice is given, extensions will be made for medical reasons, travel, etc.
How do I get started?
Send us an email and we will take it from there.